Lake Forest Park is seeking Cooks to prepare and serve nutritious, appealing, and quality food for residents and guests, while maintaining high standards of cleanliness and complying with all company and state food regulations. This position reports to the Director of Dining Services
- Prepares all food in accordance with the daily menu planner, using company standardized recipes, in a timely manner.
- Perform a pre-meal meeting with food servers to review details of the daily menu.
- Works the food line during mealtime.
- Plates food in an attractive manner and ensures that all condiments and garnishes are prepared and served with the appropriate foods.
- Keeps work area and serving line equipment clean and adheres to sanitation cleaning schedules.
- Ensures proper food temperature is maintained and recorded.
- Keeps stock rooms, coolers & freezers clean and ensure that food supply stocks are rotated; perishables are labeled, dated and stored properly.
- Keep food waste to a minimum by using food storage and food recycling techniques.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- A High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED); or six months to one-year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Compassion for and desire to work with the elderly (55 and over)
For more information, please contact us at 772-466-1919 or apply in person at 2909 25th Street Fort Pierce, FL 34981.