Cares for the residents under the direction and supervision of the Director of Assisted Living. Supports the manager with the training of new staff and resident care management planning. Responsible for ensuring proper compliance training and standards are met. The position reports to the Director of Assisted Living.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maintains communication of all areas with the Director of Assisted Living at all times.
- Upon direction of the director, coordinates and conducts floor training of new staff, as well as scheduling of current staff.
- Meets daily with the director to review residents' care issues.
- Communicate changes in the physical and/or emotional status of the resident and/or family to the Assisted Living Director
- Serves as the staff and family resource when the director is unavailable or away from the building.
- Provides emotional and social support to residents.
- Documents daily log of assistance.
- Performs routine medication cart audits to ensure quality control.
- Respects and encourages the independence and dignity of residents.
- Respects resident’s confidentiality.
- Accurately charts vital signs, refill chart forms, and maintains supplies, equipment, and forms needed for the department.
- Assists with putting resident information into the Real Page program and process updates as necessary.
- Answers inquiries of a general nature by residents, visitors, other departments, nursing staff, pharmacy, and physicians, assisting them in a friendly and cooperative manner.
- Takes and relays messages and performs errands as needed for the Director of Assisted Living.
- Keeps resident’s records in proper order and sees that only authorized personnel have access. Always maintains resident privacy and confidentiality, follows HIPPA protocols.
- Coordinate resident appointments, accept, and schedule appointments, and complete forms for residents to take to their respective doctors.
- Measures and records height and weight. Calculates and records fluid intake and output.
- Recognizes abnormal changes in body functioning and the importance of reporting such changes to the Director of Assisted Living.
- Provides assistance as needed with medication reminders, bathing, grooming, dressing, escort service, and other activities of daily living.
- Cares for residents’ assessment and the plan of care.
- Follows the schedule of resident’s assessment and the plan of care.
- Assist with master assignment sheets, call-in books, etc.
- Assist with staffing schedule, deliver all PTO forms to Director of Assisted Living
- High school diploma or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Requires a CAN licensure
- Preferred LPN/LVN Certification
For over 40 years, Tarantino has been driving winning strategies for our owners, investors, and employees. Many of our team members have been with us for decades. Our growing team is dedicated to helping people, building our communities, and establishing a thriving culture of excellence.
- Health insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Prescription Insurance
- Voluntary Life Insurance
- Short Term Disability
- Long Term Disability
- Paid Time Off
This position is a full-time position that may include some holidays and weekends.