Tarantino Senior Living is leading the way in senior living and enriching the lives of our employees and residents. Tarantino Senior Living is known for having longevity with our employees for the reason that our employees know there is no substitute for a rewarding career in senior living. With Tarantino Senior Living you will have the opportunity to grow and learn every day with our company. We encourage you to explore our career opportunities and become part of the Tarantino Senior Living family.
Lewisville Estates is currently seeking a Sous Chef to assist in the oversight of daily operations in the kitchen. Work with the Director of Dining Services to ensure the highest quality food products. This position may be required to supervise other staff positions. Performs the duties of Director of Dining Services when he/she is not on the property.
- Produces and oversees breakfast, lunch, and dinner depending on schedule, for quality assurance of meal presentation and portion control.
- Prepares and coordinates all meals from standardized recipes.
- Assists in the coordination of prep for the following day’s menu.
- Participates in a pre-meal meeting with food servers to review details of the daily menu.
- Assists in ensuring all kitchen equipment are in working order and kept clean at all times.
- Oversees the proper inventory, storage, and use of cleaning chemicals.
- Keeps stock rooms, coolers, and freezers clean and rotated. All food must be labeled, dated, and stored in accordance with local, state, and county health department policies.
- Ensures an adequate number of culinary employees each shift and ensures absences are covered as to not allow coverage holes.
- Assists in the menu and recipe development.
- Assists in food ordering and inventory.
- Assists in the adherence to maintaining budget compliance for daily food costs.
- Assists in keeping waste to a minimum by utilizing food storage and recycling techniques, and applying appropriate loss prevention procedures.
- Assists in training, scheduling, of employees in accordance to policy.
- Assists in the coordination and execution of special events.
- Maintains kitchen cleanliness and food preparation according to state and local health department code requirements.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- One to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of culinary education and experience.
- SERV-SAFE Certified or equivalent.
- Obtain/hold any local, state, and/or county-required food handling/sanitation licenses and/or certificates.