Lewisville Estates is currently seeking a Sous Chef to assist in the oversight of daily operations in the kitchen. Work with the Director of Dining Services to ensure the highest quality food products. This position may be required supervising other staff positions. Performs the duties of Director of Dining Services when he/she is not on the property.
- Produces and oversees breakfast, lunch, and dinner depending on schedule, for quality assurance of meal presentation and portion control.
- Prepares and coordinates all meals from standardized recipes.
- Assists in the coordination of prep for the following day’s menu.
- Participates in a pre-meal meeting with food servers to review details of the daily menu.
- Assists in ensuring all kitchen equipment is in working order and kept clean at all times.
- Oversees the proper inventory, storage, and use of cleaning chemicals.
- Keeps stock rooms, coolers, and freezers clean and rotated. All food must be labeled, dated, and stored by local, state, and county health department policies.
- Ensures an adequate number of culinary employees each shift and ensures absences are covered to not allow coverage holes.
- Assists in the menu and recipe development.
- Assists in food ordering and inventory.
- Assists in the adherence to maintaining budget compliance for daily food costs.
- Assists in keeping waste to a minimum by utilizing food storage and recycling techniques, and applying appropriate loss prevention procedures.
- Assists in training, and scheduling, of employees by the policy.
- Assists in the coordination and execution of special events.
- Maintains kitchen cleanliness and food preparation according to state and local health department code requirements.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- One to two years of related experience and/or training; or an equivalent combination of culinary education and experience.
- SERV-SAFE Certified or equivalent.
- Obtain/hold any local, state, and/or county-required food handling/sanitation licenses and/or certificates.